The Life Changes Trust is an independent Scottish charity, established in 2013 with a £50 million endowment from the Big Lottery Fund.
The Trust’s aim is to drive transformational and sustainable improvements in the quality of life and wellbeing of two key groups in Scotland:
• People living with dementia and their carers
• Care experienced young people
Everything we do at the Life Changes Trust is underpinned by our commitment to improving the lives of our beneficiaries. Their needs, views and priorities are at the heart of our work. The Trust works closely with our beneficiaries as well as others, including service providers, policy makers and researchers to make sure that our funding and influencing activities are targeted in ways that will bring the greatest benefit to our beneficiaries.
The Trust currently has 11 committed and active Trustees who bring a wide range of skills to the organisation with diverse experience in the third, public and private sectors. We now wish to recruit two more Trustees who bring
• a commitment to the vision, mission and values of the Trust
• a range of appropriate generic skills as set out in our trustee job description and the following specialist skill
• in depth understanding and experience of social policy and practice in Scotland. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a visionary charity which is committed to investing in real and sustainable improvements in the quality of life and wellbeing of people affected by dementia and care experienced young people.
This is a voluntary role (although expenses are paid) which requires someone with the time and ability to participate effectively in both our Board and at least one of our committees (which meet quarterly in Glasgow). Trustees are collectively responsible for the performance of the Trust overall.
If you would like to discuss the role informally, please contact the Trust’s Chief Executive Maddy Halliday: [email protected].
For more information on the roles of our Trustees and information on how to apply, go to our website: http://www.lifechangestrust.org.uk/jobs-and-opportunities