The European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), are looking to hear your views on the issues addressed in the European Commission’s communication for a European Pillar of Social Rights at an event on 2 November in the Lighthouse, Glasgow from 1-5pm (lunch included).
We are pleased to announce the following confirmed speakers:
· Angela Constance MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Communities, Social Security and Equalities
· Graham Blythe, Head of Office, European Commission representation in Edinburgh
· Special Envoy Prof. Alan Miller, Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions
The event will include discussions around:
- What do you consider to be the most urgent economic and social challenges in the UK and Europe, following the vote on 'Brexit'? What is needed to address these?
- What do you think should be done to tackle the problems facing employment and the world of work in the UK and Europe, meeting the needs of workers, job seekers, employers and enterprises?
- How can social protection and social security systems be properly resourced and made fit for purpose?
- What do we need to promote and sustain a cohesive society and address inequalities?
The seminar is a partnership between the EESC, SCVO and the ALLIANCE, including speakers from the European Commission, the Scottish Government and the UK Government. To register your free place, please click here.